Wednesday, 18 April 2018

Challenge 7: Unexpected issue in the stretching area

Those of you who haven't been taken in by the misleadingly salacious title, and/or who have little real interest in, well, sofas - went for a walk today, same as Monday, nothing else to see here.

Those of you who are still reading... So earlier this year I moved my sitting room around. This means that both my sofas now have their backs against the walls. Ordinarily not a big deal, and everyone who had visited and seen the new layout (and felt obliged to comment on it) has approved.

But... When I used to do my post-exercise stretches (hey, a 5k walk counts as exercise!) I used to lean on the back of one of the sofas for support: it was the right height and nicely sturdy (always something to bear in mind). Now...? Now I find myself flailing around in the middle of the room trying to retain my balance, do my stretches, and avoid the circling furniture. It's a bit like how I experience Body Balance or Yoga - but without the yoga mats, or the crowd of interested bystanders.

I'm not entirely sure how I'll resolve this: change rooms for the stretching; spend some time wandering the house looking for a new support; cease all exercise until the issue is resolved?! Tune in tomorrow to find out...

:o)


Stats, Wednesday 17th April
Walking time/distance: 55 mins, 3.36 miles (same route, different mileage... Of course!)

No comments:

Post a Comment